ANDREW I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR STORIES! JUST GIVE ME THE LINK! >> http://andrewmohawk.com/pasteLert/
So here is my latest project, extending from the previous pasteScraper to do something a little different with the pastebins. Essentially i recreated google alerts but with a bit more searchiness (yes, i make up words now too).
How it Works
- I enumerate all new pastes from http://www.pastebin.com/archive/ every minute and add them to a ‘download’ queue.
- New pastes are then downloaded to a local database
- Alerts are periodically cron’d
- Search functionality is via a fulltext search of pastes
What does it give me?
- The ability to search for *anything* on pastebin.com
- Semi-realtime searches
- Email alerts when your term is hit!
- RSS feeds for searches
- The ability to search with AND keywords in pastebins
How it is all going to fall apart
I dont really see this as a long term project, merely something that shows a PoC for how much stuff is leaking out via PasteBin.com and how cool it really is. Some issues i see that may happen with this:
- People will switch to more secure pastebins that don’t allow indexing, don’t have archive pages and arent indexed by search engines
- My small linode will fall to pieces because the fulltext like queries are painfull
- Pastebin.com will not be impressed with me doing this and start blocking it
http://andrewmohawk.com/pasteLert/, feel free to play/comment/etc :)
p.s. Thanks to Chris Hadnagy and Roelof Temmingh :D
So this is the only entry i have where i’ve built an app that wont work from day 1.
“Oh why andrew, why?” you might say, but as I shrug, this was not my fault. So a while back Samy Kamkar produced his geolocation proof of concept code which works awesomely at being able to take an AP MAC Address to GPS Co-ordinates. Sadly now however Google location services seem to be broken at the moment with both Samy’s and my code being horribly broken with the results either being the same GPS Co-ordinates or 0,0.
This happened of course only *after* i had completed my app (had to do multithreading and slap a design on it) .
But anyway, here is the basic idea of it:
- Recieve in a NON GPSd airodump-ng csv file
- Parse out all of the AP MAC Addresses
- Take these to GPS co-ordinates to street addresses via opennominatim
- Return this response either as a KML file (plotted on google earth)
- OR as a text file to simply display the results
So anyway, you can have a look at the application over at http://andrewmohawk.com/airodumpvsgeo/ . Currently still in my shite naming ‘convention’ this one is called “AirodumpvsGEO”.
So i was chatting to Chris Hadnagy and he was having a bit of an issue getting an API key for yahoo BOSS and it seemed troublesome.
So i popped off a mail to yahoo to ask how i could get a key to share and they basically said i can just use mine. So i quickly repackaged the pasteScraper with my key so now its as simple as extracting the zip in your webroot directory and browsing to it :)
Of course you can still use the one on my site over at http://www.andrewmohawk.com/pasteScrape/
- Hacking fixed key remotes with (only) RFCat
- ZaCon V Badge [2/2]: How they work
- ZaCon V Badge [1/2]: Build Time
- ZaCon V: Badge Sneak Peak *update*
- Kingphisher: Semi-automated phishing
Not the quickest of cats
on the best of days.
Magnetic Stripes (2)
- August 2015
- April 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- March 2010
Created by Site5 WordPress Themes.
Experts in WordPress Hosting.