So this is going to be a rather strange post as at the time of writing its not actually implemented, the system is built in a waterproof container as well as the networking setup and so on. I figure that since I will only be able to get another Arduino and ethernet shield at a later stage I may as well write it up for now. Below are a few pictures of the system completed:
With regards to the requirements for the system my part spec was as follows:
- One large reservoir – I got an 80 litre orange bucket for about R100
- Arduino + Ethernet shield – pretty stock standard
- 4x 10K resistors – used for the sensors
- 4x ‘sensors’ – sensors setup as before, coiled wire (soldered if you can) and taped on
- 8x galvanised steel washers – used as the actual sensors
- 2x transistors - used for the relay setup
- 2x relays - I used LT-5GS’ for this to switch the pumps on and off
- 2x Diodes – used for my relay setup
- 2x Water pumps - I used two (1 per pot) honestly because it was cheaper, although not as elegant as having a electrical valves and a more intricate watering system, mine were the 1.5A 12V bilge pumps (about R150 each)
- 2x Water pump power supplies – Obviously used for the pumps power, I used some cheap power adapters that didn’t cost much
- 1x Arduino power supply - See http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/WhatAdapter for more information
- Wires, Tape, Tv Series, Patience - essential in setting this up :)
- Magnetic Stripes: Part 2 (Attacking)
- Bypassing LF Entry Systems
- zacon wrap-up!
- Hacking fixed key remotes
- Arduino Watering System: Update
Not the quickest of cats
on the best of days.
Magnetic Stripes (2)
Created by Site5 WordPress Themes.
Experts in WordPress Hosting.