So its been ages since i last blogged, and i am determined to try do this more regularly since it will probably get me onto doing more stuff!
This is pretty much the first thing i built with the Arduino – the idea was to make a budget IPCam with a web interface that i could connect to from anywhere and have the ability to pan and tilt my camera. Since i was in the budget price range i did also look at what was available off the shelf — and it sucks, bad quality, slow response time, no lose wires to show, all things i’m not really interested in.
I’ve split this into 3 sections just to make sure that this doesnt become a massively long blogpost:
- The Physical Section – the base, stand and circuit
- The Arduino Section – the code to make it do what i want
- The PHP Interface – the web interface to use with the IPCam – soon!
This is that cool part where you watch the video, unfortunately i haven’t got round to making one yet.. but when i do, its going here! For now, its in pictures (the webinterface and the actual device):
So i’ve commented most of the lines and you should be able to easily follow what has happened in the code. Leave a comment if there are any questions :)
Code after the break!
Read more »
So i see its been forever since i have posted anything, figured its about time, and i wanted to show some of the stuff ive done with my Arduino. The first thing i tried to do with it was create my own budget IPCam with a webcam and some arduino parts.
Basic stuff that make up the IPCam:
- 2x Servo Motors
- 1x LCD (16×2)
- 1x LED
- 1x Potentiometer (used for LCD)
- Bits of random Meccano
- 2x Small lifting weights ( hey, we all knew i wouldnt use them to get in shape anyway )
- Tape/Glue/Random stuff
So first off, this is a hack, i havent done pretty much anything properly, i just pieced it together, tied in bits of code and got it working :)
- ZaCon V: Badge Sneak Peak *update*
- Kingphisher: Semi-automated phishing
- Magnetic Stripes: Part 2 (Attacking)
- Bypassing LF Entry Systems
- zacon wrap-up!
Not the quickest of cats
on the best of days.
Magnetic Stripes (2)
Created by Site5 WordPress Themes.
Experts in WordPress Hosting.